Posts on Happily Homegrown contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, your price will be the same, but Happily Homegrown will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
Day 10: Under the Sink
As we finish off week 2, its time to clean out under the bathroom and kitchen sinks. The cabinet under the sink tends to be a catch all of cleaners, paper products, tools, first aid kits, , and so many other little things that we don’t need to use every day, but we like to have them on hand.
5 things to check when decluttering under sink
- Make sure are current and fully charged
- Make sure none of the products and cleaning supplies have leaked
- Check the sink for leaks – schedule any repairs if necessary
- Discard anything that is damaged from moisture
- Check for pests. Many pests like cool dark places, so now is a good time to see if there are pests, and have an exterminator come out or even place your own ant traps. There is a small opening in the bottom of our cabinet, so I keep an ant trap back there just in case. We like the Terro liquid ant baits since the main ingredient is borax.
Remember, never store food in the cabinet under your sink. The moisture can cause things to rot more quickly.
What challenges have you found as you clean out the cabinets under you bathroom & kitchen sinks?
As of Saturday, we will be 1/4 of the way through the 40 Bags in 40 Days Combat Clutter Challenge. How have you been doing so far? Are you keeping up with the daily challenges? How many bags of clutter have you removed from your home so far? I’d love to hear how you are doing in the comments below!
Sunday is a day of rest and reflection. Take the time away from cleaning and decluttering, and do something you enjoy. I will post Monday’s assignment on Sunday evening. Until then …