Posts on Happily Homegrown contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, your price will be the same, but Happily Homegrown will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
The 40 Bags in 40 Days Combat Clutter Challenge is almost over. If you have been following along since the beginning, we have tackled just about every room in our home, as well as the outdoors. Today, I want you to set the timer for 10 minutes and tidy all flat surfaces.
Go room to room, and clean up! Not sure where to begin:
- Discard all junk mail, shredding anything that has sensitive information on it.
- Put all books and magazines away or add them to the recycle bin.
- Double check the items on your fridge, and make sure they belong there.
- Gather up all dirty dishes and load the dishwasher.
- Any dirty laundry on the floor? Floors are flat surfaces too! Toss it in the hamper or directly into the washing machine.
- Have the children pick up their toys.
- Wipe down the counters.
- Wipe down the tables.
- Dust the end tables, top of the bookshelf, and the tv.
- Wipe down the sink.
- Clean the windows.
- Clean your front door.
- Sweep or vacuum the floor.
- Make the bed.
- Have the children make their beds.
I’m sure you probably have a bunch of ideas running through your head as well. Our homes are filled with flat surfaces, and you can attack any of them as today’s challenge. If you have more time, set the timer again, and move on to another part of your home, but the goal is to give yourself a 10 minute block where you can clean up. For some of us, taking 10 minutes all at once can be a challenge, so I am taking 5 minutes before everyone wakes up, and another 5 minutes after my husband leaves for work. Then I can find other pockets of time through out the day to get some more housework done.
Leave a Reply