Posts on Happily Homegrown contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, your price will be the same, but Happily Homegrown will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
This past week, I went off the menu plan. We did take out one evening after the kids were in bed for an at home date night. And another night we had homemade steak sandwiches. I never roasted the chickens like I had wanted too, so that will go on the meal plan for this week.
In addition, there was that 10lb bag of potatoes that had started to grow some eyes, and last week, I just lost motivation and never got to it so that needs to be dealt with this week as well.
Getting back in the routine of menu planning and cooking each day has been a challenge, and I am far from perfect, but with baby steps, we should be able to get the kinks worked out and develop some positive meal plan and cooking habits in no time!
This Week’s Meal Plan: January 18-24
- Sausage Gravy & Biscuits, Scrambled Eggs, Citrus Salad
- Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Veggies
- Chicken Enchiladas, Refried Beans, Rice
- Chicken “Hot Pockets” & Salad
- Spaghetti with Meatballs & Sausage
Beyond the Meal Plan
- use up the 10lbs of potatoes – mashed potatoes for the freezer and baked potato soup for lunches
- strawberry jam and strawberry rhubarb jam using fruit I have in the freezer (also carried over from last week’s plan)
- can the citrus that we purchased on sale
- make chicken stock with the bones from the two roast chickens, pressure can the stock to restock the pantry shelves
What’s on your meal plan for the upcoming week?
Happily Homegrown participates in Menu Plan Monday.