Posts on Happily Homegrown contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, your price will be the same, but Happily Homegrown will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
My first week back on the meal planning band wagon went really well. I was able to stick to the meal plan through out the week, and because I cooked such large pots of soup, we were able to eat that for several days, cutting back on the witching hour wondering “what’s for dinner?” and leaving several items that were on the plan in the freezer for another day. When you have a success, you want to see if you can repeat it, so here I go again!
This Week’s Meal Plan: January 11-17
- salisbury steak meatballs with buttered noodles (didn’t get to it last week)
- Dr Pepper BBQ Chicken, corn bread, beans, and baked sweet/regular potatoes
- buttermilk waffles and sausage, fruit salad
- whole roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, and veggies
- chicken enchiladas, black beans & rice (using the leftover chicken)
I will check in later in the week with what we decided to make, and which recipes we followed.
Beyond the Meal Plan
In addition to our dinner meal plan, this week I have some freezer cooking and canning that I would like to get to.
- blueberry muffins & chocolate chip muffins
- mashed potatoes – I have just over 10lbs that are starting to sprout, so I need to use them now
- strawberry jam and strawberry rhubarb jam using fruit I have in the freezer
- dehydrate banana chips & prep the rest of the bananas for the freezer – they are only 29 cents/lb at Aldi this week
What’s on your meal plan for the upcoming week?
Happily Homegrown participates in Menu Plan Monday.