Posts on Happily Homegrown contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, your price will be the same, but Happily Homegrown will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
I am so incredibly excited for this week’s meal plan. I know, that makes me sound like a total homemaker nerd. You know what though? As of today, that’s what I officially am again! Today is my first day being unemployed, and while I am scared as to what that will mean for my family financially, and its why I’m going to be looking for some side jobs, I am also thrilled that it means that once again, for the first time in over 3 years, my focus is on my family and taking care of them.
As a homeschool mom, I have the freedom to have a “real food” breakfast and lunch each day, instead of just cereal or sandwiches. I have decided to plan out all 3 meals, and a few snacks, for the week! Yup, planning out dinners in January has given me the courage to expand my horizons and plan a little bit more in February!
This Week’s Meal Plan: February 1-7
- Eggs & Toast
- Oatmeal with Applesauce or Dried Fruits & Nuts
- Banana Bread
- Blueberry Muffins
- Homemade Hummus with Pita & Carrots, Raisins, Nuts
- Grilled Cheese, Apples, Carrots & Ranch
- Jambalaya – The kids are making their own version of this on Wednesday with a little less spice – go here for their recipe.
- Ham & Swiss Turnovers
- Chicken, Chicken Rice, Veggies
- Steak, Risotto, Salad
- Dr Pepper Chicken, Corn Bread, French Fries
- Quiche or Scrambled Eggs, Homefries, Bacon
- Ham, Potatoes, Roasted Carrots
- Fruit – apples, bananas, oranges
- Homemade Trail Mix – nuts and either raisins or craisins
Beyond The Meal Plan
I’m not quite sure what else I am going to make this week. My husband has requested homemade sandwich bread, so I’ll probably do that, and I’d love to try my hand at homemade Brioche so I can make French toast for the freezer. The children have also requested to have dessert a few nights this week, and while we don’t usually have dessert after every meal, I don’t see why I can’t oblige by making something we can have for a few nights. I’ll see what they want to help me bake – probably brownies or a cookie of some sort. With eggs being on sale at Aldi this week (just 99¢ a dozen), baking does sound like a good idea.
What’s on your meal plan for the upcoming week?
Happily Homegrown participates in Menu Plan Monday.