Posts on Happily Homegrown contain affiliate links. When you make a purchase through an affiliate link, your price will be the same, but Happily Homegrown will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support!
Many years ago, I attended a New Year’s Day party, and was told I had to try the veggie pizza squares. Buttery crust, creamy garlicky cheese, and lots of fresh raw veggies. It was love at first bite!
Since then, this Veggie Pizza Square recipe has become my go to appetizer for parties, and everyone loves it. It tastes, and looks, like you spent a lot of time making this, but the truth is that it all comes together in less than a half hour!
Veggie Pizza Squares
8oz cream cheese (reg or light) – softened
about 3 cups of chopped veggies
Press the crescent roll dough into one big rectangle the size of your baking sheet. They now make the crescent dough that is only in sheets, so it goes together a lot easier. Bake at 375 for about 10-15 min until golden brown. Allow your crust to cool.
- 2 packs crescent roll dough
- 8oz cream cheese (reg or light) – softened
- 1 Tbsp of Mayo
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp dried dill
- salt & pepper
- about 3 cups of chopped veggies
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Press the crescent roll dough into one big rectangle the size of your baking sheet. They now make the crescent dough that is only in sheets, so it goes together a lot easier. Bake at 375 for about 10-15 min until golden brown. Allow your crust to cool.
- While your crust is baking, combine the softened cream cheese, mayo, garlic, dill, salt & pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Once your crust has cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Feel free to go all the way to the edges so every bite is delicious.
- Top with 3 cups of chopped veggies. We like broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, red bell pepper, and purple onion, but you can use whatever vegetables you have from the garden or what looks good at the market.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut your veggie pizza into squares. If you are not going to serve your veggie pizza right away, keep it chilled on the baking sheet, and slice right before serving.
This recipe has been approved by my children! Even the picky eater ate it, and has since decided that he loves broccoli! I consider that a win in my book. While we enjoy our veggie pizza squares for lunches in the summer, they are also a favorite healthy appetizer for parties all year long.