Decluttering the Kitchen
As we begin our third week of the 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge, I’m realizing I need more focus. Instead of using last year’s check sheet where I do a different area each day for 40 days, I need to spend some deep quality time focusing on just one room. That’s why this week, I have decided to focus my attention on our kitchen.
We have a large eat-in kitchen that also serves as our homeschool room for part of the day. It’s also the dumping ground as the kids come in from playing outside, so this time of year there are hats, gloves, and boots all over the place too. After living with the mess for the past few months, I’m over it!
Over the course of the week, I’m going to tackle my kitchen! I have broken the project down into 10 tasks so that I don’t get overwhelmed or bite off too much on any single day.
- Hats, boots, and other winter gear will be put away
- All scouting stuff will go to the proper shelves in the basement
- Deal with all of the paper clutter
- Clear off the flat surfaces – counters & the table
- Declutter the pantry & fridge
- Reorganize the pantry
- Wipe out the fridge
- Clean the range & oven
- Wipe down the cabinets
- Mop the floors
It’s going to take me a full week to conquer this space. I hate that the kitchen (more the dining room side) has become this much of a project, but better to deal with it now and have a clutter-free and tidy home in time for Easter guests in a few weeks.
What room are you going to focus on this week?
WELCOME TO WEEK #3 OF THE 40 BAGS IN 40 DAYS CHALLENGE!
The 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge is a weekly link up for bloggers to share their posts on spring cleaning, organization, and decluttering. If you’re a blogger, we would love for you to participate! If you don’t blog, you can still check out the featured posts and new posts below.
The 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge runs each week, starting at 8am eastern time, and the link party stays open for new posts through Thursday so you have plenty of time to post. After that you will still be able to see all of the posts that have been linked. The party is open to bloggers from all over the world – though I can only read English.
The bloggers bringing you the 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge:
- Everyone is welcome to link up to 2 family friendly posts on cleaning, decluttering, or organization each week. We reserve the right to delete any posts we don’t believe to be “family friendly.”
- Please Follow your Hosts!
- Be a Good Party Goer and visit at least 3 other posts and don’t forget to comment!
- By linking to this party you are giving Aileen Cooks, By George Organizing, and Happily Homegrown permission to feature one picture on our websites, social media, and blogs. Proper credit will always be given to you. We are not responsible for stolen and/or misused images, misused projects and ideas.
- By participating in the link party, you give permission to receive a weekly email inviting you to the #40Bags40Days link party.
- We will be sharing the featured posts on social media and pinning a pin from the original article on 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge board and in the 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge Facebook community. Don’t forget to follow along!
JOIN US! SCROLL DOWN TO THE END OF THE LINKS TO ENTER!